I began my legal career representing employees in claims against their employers. After some time, for many reasons, I began representing employers. Years later, I left a highly regarded national defense firm to start my own firm. A motivating factor was so I could again represent employees.
Since opening my own firm, I have helped many individuals in matters concerning their employment.
What sets me apart from most employee-side attorneys is my in-depth experience representing employers. I understand how employers, their insurance companies, and their lawyers think. I am able to apply this deep understanding of employers, and of the law, to obtain favorable results for the individuals I represent.
Below is a list of services I provide for individuals:
- Representation in litigation, and before administrative agencies, in claims against their employer, involving such matters as:
- Violations of wage laws
- Breach of contract
- Violation of leave laws (e.g., FMLA, Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Leave)
- Representation and assistance in negotiating terms of separation of employment;
- Representation in contract negotiations, such as:
- Employment contracts;
- Noncompetition agreements;
- Severance agreements.
It is a great privilege to have someone place their trust in me. I do not take it lightly. If you believe your employer is violating the law, it will be an honor to speak with you about your concerns.